Thursday off to a slow start? Here’s something fun to get the creative juices flowing.
Your challenge: write the first paragraph of a hypothetical novel based on this picture, and post it in the comment section below so we can all read it.
Any genre is fine!
Not sure how? Here are some tips for writing an introductory paragraph:
- Hook the reader! Lead with action, dialogue, or an intriguing sentence.
- Consider introducing the main character.
- Leave the reader with more questions than answers, to make sure they keep reading.
- Thoroughly describe the setting. Here’s a great example
- Introduce a problem or conflict right away, like this.
Go for it! Post your paragraph below, and be sure to “star” any others you like!