Your ideal life involves writing, and lots of it. You would quit your day job and write full time in a heartbeat. If you suddenly found yourself at a sidewalk cafe in Paris, you’d nearly forget about your coffee and croissant as you filled up notebook after notebook with ideas for stories, characters, and plot twists.
If this sounds like you, it’s high time you dug your heels in, got your hands dirty, and started putting that novel together. You know, that one you’ve always dreamed of writing?
Here are 5 reasons you should start today.
1. You want this. Everyone knows what a phenomenal achievement it is to become a published author. You’re serious about writing success—so serious, in fact, you can almost taste it—and in your mind, you’re already regaling a crowd of fans at your first book signing.
2. It’s either heating up or cooling down. Depending on where you live in the world, temperatures are trending sharply in one direction—meaning you may be more inclined to spend time indoors. So pour yourself a [season-appropriate beverage], settle in, and let your imagination take you to the faraway world where your characters live, and it’s a lot cooler. Or warmer.
3. You get a holiday release. The time it takes to write a novel is all across the board (6 weeks for A Christmas Carol, 10 years for Gone with the Wind), but a time frame of one year is pretty common, and very manageable. If you finish by this time next year, you’ll be right on track for a holiday release of your self-published book. Just the time of year when everyone’s in a buying and giving mood—wink, wink!
Side note: wondering exactly how long it will take you? Here I explain the Daily Action Calendar, which personalizes your work schedule and gives you a realistic release date, at a pace you’re comfortable with.
4. You have plenty of help. Don’t go it alone! It just so happens that the (brand new) Better Writers Club is launching on June 1st, which means you’ll be in good company as you write. While your Daily Action Calendar keeps you on track, your Success Journal will keep you aiming high, and the talented, welcoming writers we have in our group will keep you encouraged.
Sign up here to be the first to know when the Club opens for registration!
5. You’re ready. Quite simply, it’s time because it’s time. You’ve been dreaming about writing & publishing a novel for a while now, and this is your moment. You’ve got great ideas for your book, and you know people will love it—if only they could read it. So what are you waiting for?
I’m Timothy Pike, self-publishing and productivity coach specializing in helping you publish beautiful books on Amazon and in your local bookstore. The (brand new) Better Writers Club launches June 1st, and you’ll be able to pre-enroll soon with an invite code, which you can request here.